Welcome to White Shark Ventures
Leaders in Shark Diving & Whale Watching experiences in Cape Town! - Book Now
Shark cage diving in Cape Town, South Africa
Gansbaai & False Bay permit holders
BOOK NOW - GANSBAAI
BOOK NOW - FALSE BAY
We aim at educating young and old!
We guarantee a shark expert on each of our tours.
An extraordinary diving experience!
See our TripAdvisor reviews.
Your shark diving choices make a difference
We Care About Conservation & Social Responsibility in South Africa
CONSERVATION & EDUCATION
One of a kind custom built Catamaran
Designed and built for comfort, safety, speed and stability.
An experience that is sure to get your heart racing!
Join us today for an adventure of a lifetime!
MEET THE SHARKS
Our entire excursion is based on educating our clients.
Our staff regularly visits local schools to give educational presentations.
Shark, Whale & Dolphin Combo
Discounted at 50%!!
R3.600.00 R1800.00 R1500.00
Yes sharks, whales and dolphins – all in one tour! Take advantage of this fantastic limited introductory offer! This once-off all inclusive Big 5 Marine package, is offered by the longest established and most reliable shark cage diving company in the industry. White Shark Ventures were the pioneers and founders of the shark diving industry with a 29 year accident-free track record. Today we are proud to also add Whale- and Dolphin viewing tours to our portfolio.
Our Combo Tour (also known as the Big 5 Marine tour), therefore consists of the following;
1. GREAT WHITE SHARKS; Although Gansbaai is known as the “Capital of the Great White Shark”, our tours also offer highly successful dives with Copper Sharks (Bronze Whalers) as well as large stingrays. Our Copper Sharks are fairly large in size and reach lengths of up to 3.5 metres. Same as the Great Whites, Copper Sharks are also inquisitive by nature and like to get up close and personal, right next to the boat and cage.
2. WHALES; Walker Bay Hermanus/Gansbaai, is known as one of the 12 best whale watching destinations in the world. The best time to enjoy close-up whale viewing is between the months of June to December, when the Southern Right Whales migrate from the Antarctic to calve and mate along our coast. Brydes Whales and Humpback Whales are also often spotted.
3. DOLPHINS; We have a large resident pod of Common Dolphins in our Bay and they can pretty much be seen all year round. These dolphins are playful and would often swim with the bow of the boat. We also often spot the Bottlenose Dolphin, which is a larger specie and are often seen surfing the waves.
4. CAPE FUR SEALS; Geyser Rock has a huge population of around 60,000 Cape Fur Seals. The males weigh in at a hefty 200 – 300 kgs, while the females are a little smaller and weigh around 75 kgs. The females give birth between the middle of November and the end of December, when it is pupping season in “Shark Alley”, the narrow channel that runs between Geyser Rock and Dyer Island. Each female will only birth one pup.
5. AFRICAN PENGUINS; Dyer Island hosts many bird species as well as a colony of African Penguins. Dyer Island used to be the most important breeding site for African penguins in the world, but currently they are struggling to breed successfully. The main reason for this is the historic removal of guano between 1840 and the mid-1900’s. Penguins on the Island in 1978 numbered 70 000 with about 27 000 breeding pairs. African penguins can swim up to 20km/hr, travel 20-40km in a day, and have been recorded at 180m depth!
Regardless of when you want to take the tour, book and pay before 30 April 2021 in order to qualify for these special deals. Whale Season: May – December